1997 Ford Escort Temperature Sensor Location
The top one gives the reading to the gauge, the bottom is for the ecm I think. Reply With Quote 08-09-2011,13:29 #3 Craig89 View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Spanner Monkey Join Date Mar 2011 Location Highley, Shrophire Age 27 Posts 410 I am worried that this is not that actual problem. it does move very slowly in real use tho so be patient. Source
so, the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) sensor signals the module as to coolant temp, the module then operates the ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve) to maintain fast idle until the engine Unfortunately I think I have binned it. This should go without saying. We're here to help so being rude won't get you very far.
1997 Ford Escort Temperature Sensor Location
Answer questions, earn points and help others Answer questions Manuals & User Guides PDF Manual (4 unread) - smalcelmike - Yahoo... 2003 Jeep Grand... This one sends the signal to the temperature gauge. It's right on top of the engine (right hand side) and easy to get to. Or sign in with one of these services Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google Sign Up All Content All Content This Topic This Forum Advanced
- and the gauge/dash wiring diagram..
- richpin06a 41,203 views 7:54 Cooling Fans & Wiring Diagram - Duration: 5:15.
- User Tag List + Reply to Thread Results 1 to 14 of 14 Thread: Temperature guage not working?
- All posts should be asking for advice and all posts must include the make/model/year in the title or body of the post.
- Back to top Quote MultiQuote #4 Scraggzy Scraggzy Gettin there User 100% Positive Feedback 1 0 0 603 posts Location:Macclesfield, Cheshire Drives:Mk6 1.6 Zetec Escort Chicane Posted 27 April 2006 -
- Question about 1996 Escort 4 Door 2 Answers Temperature gauge in ford escort serenade ...ford escort serenade the temperature gauge does not work which fuse controls it temp sensor near thermostat
- Reply With Quote Page 1 of 3 123 Last Jump to page: Quick Navigation Problems Top Site Areas Settings Private Messages Subscriptions Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home Forums Newbs, Knowledge,
- It is impossible for a mechanic to diagnose your problem accurately without seeing/hearing the problem with his own senses.
- I had a look under the bonnet and i found this wire which connects to something around the radiator but I can't find the corresponding part of the loom to reconnect
- Reply With Quote 05-09-2008,09:25 AM #14 UnleashedZX2 View Profile View Forum Posts View Articles Newb Join Date Apr 2008 Location Houston, TX Posts 42 Points 2,610 Bank 0 Total Points 2,610
I would at this stage assume its the sensor that is giving you the problem. Click here' and select the option for Solved and save. Some people remove the black box that contains the smaller black ground wires and solder all the wires onto the large ground wire. 1998 Ford Escort Coolant Temperature Sensor how much will it cost?
I tried all 3 with my clocks and non of them read correct... 1998 Ford Escort Zx2 Coolant Temperature Sensor Yes it could be the sensor, do you still have the old one ? Sign in to make your opinion count. The temperature gauge either does not work at all or it bounces back and forth with acceleration or deceleration.
I'll get a good one when it's light out.Ok if the gauge fails to read after engine warmed up and the fuses are ok, turn off the engine and unplug connector 2001 Ford Escort Temperature Sensor You won't be able to vote or comment. 012Engine Temp Gauge Not Functioning (self.MechanicAdvice)submitted 2 years ago by riffdexI have a 97 Ford Escort. EDit edit-these are the p/n from autozone i tried: TU241 and SU284. Working...
1998 Ford Escort Zx2 Coolant Temperature Sensor
Hope this helps. this contact form Advertisement Page:12 Board Categories Stay Dirty Lounge - Service and Repair Questions Answered Here - ETCG Answers Questions Live - ETCG Suggestion Box - Forum News - The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum The following user(s) said Thank You: Oishii Advertisement Re: 98 Ford Escort coolant temp sensor 4 years 1 month ago #33453 Drunk32 Offline 3rd Gear Posts: 129 Thank you received: 3 Sign in Transcript Statistics 51,863 views 53 Like this video? 2002 Ford Escort Zx2 Coolant Temperature Sensor
So I am wondering what the problem is. Reply With Quote 09-09-2011,07:22 #14 Escort TC View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage View Articles Spanner Monkey My Race Car Join Date Jan 2009 Location they might be corroded under the shilelding, i had that issue Reply With Quote 05-09-2008,02:31 PM #15 mechtech View Profile View Forum Posts View Articles TeamZX2's Official Nutjob Join Date Apr have a peek here have asked my boss and he has said that the top sensor controls then fan operation and the lower sensor controls the temp guage and ecu, will change the sensors one
I also start with the cooling fans when doing the diagnosis.
robinsonsauto 119,055 views 15:38 How To Test Relays- EricTheCarGuy - Duration: 8:39. Website News Content Frontpage News The Media Gallery The Gallery The Music Room Movies Magazine Features Shows and Meets Motorsport Motorsport Chat My Competition Car Old Ford Sprint Championship The Garage We are more than happy to help you figure out why a shop wants to charge you for a repair, and we will tell you if it is unusually high. http://bookread.org/ford-escort/ford-escort-headlight-relay-location.html Parts For Sale General items for sale Wants Ebay section Tried and Tested eBay Mk1 and Mk2 Escort Feed « Previous Thread | Next Thread »BookmarksBookmarks Digg del.icio.us StumbleUpon Google Posting
just as you said - one wire. Yes, my password is: Forgot your password?