Exchange 2003 Auto Reply Not Working
You could do the same with a different user. To pro-actively inform multiple people that you are away, you could use a Mail Merge. In the Subject and Message fields, type the message you want to send. Copyright © 2014 TechGenix Ltd. Source
Exchange & Office 365 Admin's Blog Windows Server, Exchange, Office 365 and more - a spam-free diet of tested tips and solutions. Reply Adam the 32-bit Aardvark says: October 1, 2015 at 2:36 pm Hi Mike, If you are already using an SPF/DKIM validator on your server, then Exchange's Transport Rules will let Microsoft Customer Support Microsoft Community Forums TechCenter Sign in United States (English) Brasil (Português)Česká republika (Čeština)Deutschland (Deutsch)España (Español)France (Français)Indonesia (Bahasa)Italia (Italiano)România (Română)Türkiye (Türkçe)Россия (Русский)ישראל (עברית)المملكة العربية السعودية (العربية)ไทย (ไทย)대한민국 (한국어)中华人民共和国 (中文)台灣 Anyone else have any ideas on making this rule filtering work appropriately? 0 Pure Capsaicin OP akp982 Jun 13, 2010 at 9:09 UTC akp982 is an IT service
Select Microsoft Exchange, click Next, and enter the Microsoft Exchange server name (exchange.uic.edu) In the User Name field, enter the shared mailbox alias. Works like a charm! Can we do an online meeting to review the syste,? Top dan pascal Post subject: Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:39 am Site Admin Joined: Tue Oct Test Tets internally and see if this works and externally.
- My issue is the filtering aspect. It is sending the auto-reply for all e-mail received, as opposed to e-mail received from external users only.
- We only have one mail server.
- What type of email accounts do you use (POP3, IMAP etc)?
- I have looked at several threads about this but nothing seems to work. :( Thanks!
- A blank email appears.
- share|improve this answer answered May 24 '11 at 5:26 Stephen Lembert 20412 add a comment| up vote 0 down vote Is this for emails sent to one or a few email
- Hope this helps, Adam Reply Jenny says: October 22, 2014 at 2:48 pm If you looking for a 3 colums Aardvark theme, then check out my gig !
- The delivery to the outside is already taken care of.
- It means that the sender, who sends a message for instance to John, won’t get the auto-reply directly from him, but from the address where the Out of the Office assistant
- no luck. Top dan pascal Post subject: Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:01 am Site Admin Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:09 amPosts: 182 Hello, Please go
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/8218990 Datil OP Kimberlin May 17, 2010 at 4:18 UTC reread your post sorry for the mixup. share|improve this answer answered Mar 2 '11 at 10:19 pablo 2,72511120 add a comment| Your Answer draft saved draft discarded Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign The "Mail Setup" box appears. Click Show Profiles, choose Prompt for a profile to be used, and click Add, and type in the name of your new profile. Are there stats for Mihstu in 3.5e?
How do I set up Microsoft Outlook to connect to Exchange? Best regards, Adam Reply Mike says: September 26, 2015 at 2:52 am Can you set up an autoresponder filter/rule so that it only sends a reply to messages that either had Kudos to you my friend! Word for a non-mainstream belief accepted as fact by a sub-culture?
Our mission Take a moment to learn what principles and values we follow in our work. 30-day money back guarantee Learn about our 30-day money back guarantee program. Sukh Marked as answer by DigitalEXP Friday, July 29, 2011 2:33 PM Friday, July 29, 2011 12:42 PM Reply | Quote All replies 1 Sign in to vote Hi It apears Why us? have a peek here Again as stated before this is not turned on by default within exchange.
Use the bounce message action as a short auto-reply (New Transport Rule > Actions). Set up a second user (share2)with the email [email protected] then set the rule up on this user for every email that comes in. Admin's Blog Windows Server, Exchange, Office 365 and more – a spam-free diet of tested tips and solutions.
Then select (from the same window) the rule that doesn't work and press "Edit" button. This way you can find out the reason Auto Reply Manager didn't send an automatic reply. I have "Allow Automatic Replies" turned on in exchange system manager\global settings\internet message formats\advanced as well. http://bookread.org/exchange-2003/exchange-2003-front-end-owa-not-working.html With virtually no budget, we settled on Zimbra.